Thursday, July 29, 2010

THING #6

Looking at those mash-ups was fantastic. I love to scrapbook and take photographs constantly. In addition to teaching, I sponsor the yearbook, so I can see many beneficial applications for me both professionally and personally.

One idea I am particularly interested in is the combination of photos and maps. I am thinking about having some of my students do an "our town" unit in conjunction with the play of the same name. They could post photos of their hometown, linked to the map. Also, I like the idea of my British literature students making a map linking places in England with authors. That idea would actually apply well both to British and American literature.

I am also excited about the possibility of making some jigsaw puzzles. That could possibly be a good fund-raiser idea for our school. This has given me lots to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment