Thursday, July 29, 2010

THING #7

I feel so overwhelmed and encouraged at the same time. I have finished (finally!) another project I have been working on this summer, and now I am able to focus more directly on the library2play resources. Looking at the Google applications was fantastic. I set up a News Alert and created an igoogle page for myself.

Also, I downloaded Google Earth and looked at my house. I have heard my students talking about doing that for a number of years now, and it is exciting to have learned a little bit about it - at least enough to feel confident that I can use it.

I continue to be interested in the application of geography and maps to enriching my American and British literature classes. Being able to find some of the places we are learning about will help them not seem so remote. I also want to be able to create some real-life projects using these resources.

Additionally, I was not previously familiar with the Google Scholar search function, which I can tell will be very helpful.

This has been great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment