Sunday, August 1, 2010

THING #8

OK, I actually found this one a bit tricky. I am not sure exactly why. However, once I got the hang of it, I was able to add a variety of blogs and news sources, many of which I already follow. They range from local (my preacher's) to slightly embarassing (Hello Magazine - the UK equivalent of People Magazine). The best part, though,was when I search through Google Blogs, I found some blogs for English teachers and another for the Texas State Library Association, both of which I added.

I can see that just having a way to effectively search for and connect with other professionals would be very helpful. Also, it would help my students be able to do research, although, of course, that would also have to include a lesson on what makes a reliable source.

I can certainly see that teachers at my school could use this. I am thinking especially of our UIL teams such as current events and social studies as they keep up to date. My daughter will be on the current events team next year, so this will help her as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment