Friday, August 6, 2010

THING #17

Here is the link to my rollyo searchroll. I have my junior students read Into Thin Air, so I created a search engine for Mount Everest. As the video pointed out, some topics can receive literally millions of hits, and while access to information is a good thing, information overload can stop a student in his or her tracks (teachers, too, for that matter!)
http://rollyo.com/mhanderson/anderson_-_tolar/

I had no idea before this course that such a thing as a personalized search engine even existed, so I am definitely learning very useful things. Even as computer-literate as my students are, I'll bet that many of them have not heard of this, either, so this will be great information for them. This should be a tool that they can apply as they go to college in the next few years as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment