Saturday, August 7, 2010

THING #18

I had no idea these free programs even existed, so that was good to know. I looked briefly at Google, then downloaded OpenOffice. It was incredibly easy to use, I thought. I can see that would be a money saver, and according to the literature, it is easier to use than Microsoft Word. I think it would just take working with it over a period of time to see if that is actually true. Last year I bought a book about Office Word 2007, because I got so frustrated not being able to figure out how to do the things I wanted. I am getting better at that, and I think the more programs I am familiar with (such as OpenOffice or Google Docs) the more proficient overall I will be. Also, this is good information to give students who might need a free word processing prograqm.

No comments:

Post a Comment