Friday, August 6, 2010

THING #19

Great to see all those helpful tools! I looked at Lulu, which I thought was interesting. I can see how having the kids write books would be a great experience for them. Or, perhaps they could create a portfolio in book form. I mentioned earlier that I am thinking of having my students do a "My Town" project, and they could complete that, then have it bound. It truly would be a historical record of our town. Or,we could have them make historical records of latest trends, fashions, etc.

I also looked at Picassa, and that was good, because a friend of mine recently posted pictures on there of a trip a group from this area took at spring break to
France. I haven't looked at the pictures yet, and I know I will want to, so I downloaded the program.

I clicked on almost all the entries listed, so that was fun. As far as useful to libraries, I think almost any of the sources would be helpful in either researching or producing new material by the students.

1 comment:

  1. Charlotte, thank you for your encouragement. I just got finished. Whew! That was something else! My video on Thing 21 is not showing up today. Very disappointing and frustrating because it was working fine last night. Well, I hope the graders give us some slack on technical difficulties. Keep plugging, the last few things, except maybe for 21 are not that time consuming. Diane Evans of 'Just Do It'

    ReplyDelete